A Life List: Revisited.
I first made this list in 2010, having been inspired by Maile Wilson of Epiphanie Bags. I’ve gone back to update and check things off every now and then, but recently looked at it and thought it might need some adjustment, so here we go:
- Live in Venice, Italy for a significant amount of time
- Visit Venice Italy and see the flooding of St. Mark’s Square
- Photograph Bhutan and its people
- Photograph the Pyramids and the markets of Egypt
Photograph the Neon Graveyard in Las Vegasas of May, 2012! (See the photos at ThatLalaGirl.com!) Own a Canon EOS 5D Mark IVas of June 2019!
- Learn to scuba dive
Cage dive with Great White Sharksas of August 2019 in Gansbaai!
- Go on a photo expedition to Svalbard
- See the Moai at Ahu Tongariki on Easter Island
- Have dinner at Babbo in New York City as of September 5, 2011!
- Hug Chris Evans
- See U2 live in an outdoor stadium
- Photograph Chernobyl
- Have a photograph featured in a gallery exhibition as of September 21, 2010!
- Have my own gallery exhibition
- Have a photo published in a book
- Get paid to have a photo(s) published in a book
- See Hieronymus Bosch’s “The Garden of Earthly Delights” at Museo del Prado as of June, 2009! (See the photos on Flickr!)
See René Magritte’s “The Treachery of Images” at LACMAas of May, 2012! (See the photos on Flickr!)
- See Leonardo da Vinci’s “Last Supper” at Convent of Sta. Maria delle Grazie
- See Pablo Picasso’s “Guernica” at Museo Reina Sofia as of June, 2009! (See the photos on Flickr!)
- See Raphael’s “School of Athens” at The Vatican as of July, 2007! (See the photos on Flickr!)
- Photograph Highgate Cemetery in England
- Photograph Staglieno Cemetery in Genoa as of September 26, 2010! (See the photos on Flickr!)
- Visit Cinque Terre as of September 26, 2010! (See the photos on Flickr!)
- Learn how to make Soup Dumplings (and successfully make them)
- Get a tattoo
- Learn to speak Italian fluently
- Learn to speak Spanish fluently
- Be 100% financially secure
- Do a photoshoot with my mom and grandma
- Read every book I’ve acquired and never read
- Watch every film I’ve acquired and never watched
- Get a Dr. Fish pedicure in South Korea
- Go to Carnival in Venice
- Go to Carnival in Rio
- Visit Kruger National Park in Africa
- See the Northern Lights
- Visit Racetrack Playa in Death Valley National Park
- Develop my own photos in a darkroom again done in my kitchen sink – totally counts!
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- Visit the Taj Mahal
Visit Japanas of November, 2017! (See the photos on Flickr!) Photograph the Fushimi Inari Taisha in Kyoto and the Itsukushima Shrine in Miyajimaas of November 2017! (See the photos on Flickr!)
- Photograph Saint Basil’s Cathedral in The Red Square
- Scuba dive in Great Barrier Reef
- Visit Israel
- Hold a baby orangutan
- Ride an elephant
- Pet a tiger
- Visit Thailand
Take a road trip through the American SouthwestDone, in part, December 2016! See photos on Flickr! Visit South AmericaDone, as of February 2013 (Buenos Aires & Uruguay! – See the photos on Flickr!) Adopt a pet and give it a good lifeDone, as of March 28, 2016! Follow @alittlepretzel on Instagram!
- Own a Canon 85mm f1.2L II
Own a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L Lensas of July 2019!
- Have a photo studio of my own
- Publish a book of photographs
- Cruise the Arctic
- Make my own pasta as of September 28, 2010!
- Eat paella in Barcelona
- Photograph the cemeteries of New Orleans
Visit my friends in CaliforniaHalf done (visited Ashlyn in LA) as of May, 2012! (See the photos on Flickr!)
- See a woman become POTUS
- Visit Mono Lake and Bodie Ghost Town in California
Visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in OrlandoDone as of December, 2011 (See the photos on Flickr!)
- Own a Mac desktop As of January 5, 2011!!!
- See an opera at La Scala
- Learn to ski
Knit a hat
- Own my own business
- Visit Santorini
Visit the Holocaust Museum in Washington DCDone as of January 2013! (See the photos on Flickr!)
- Make my own Ice Cream
- Visit Machu Picchu
- Stay at a resort where I can literally jump into the ocean from my room
- Learn to speak Hebrew fluently
Photograph my grandmother and her sisterMy Auntie Ann passed away before I had a chance to do this.
- Visit Cuba
- Set foot on all seven continents (
Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America)
- Be successful/diligent as a blogger (again)
- Learn how to properly use my Holga and get good results from it and developed the photos myself!
- Find out the name of the book my grandmother used to read to me when I was little (the one with the girls on the swings in the upper corner of the page!)
- Go in a deep sea diving vessel and see the ocean floor
- Have my own vegetable garden
- Learn to make perfect macarons
- Visit France (again)
- Drive a Lamborghini
- Go on an Alaskan cruise
- Visit Auschwitz
- Own my own home
- Accomplish at least half the things on this list
- Visit Banff and Jasper National Parks in Canada
Road trip from Cape Town through Namibia and visit Etosha National Parkas of August/September 2019 (Road Tripped Namibia, Vited Cape Town)!
- Visit Denali National Park
- Hike to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park
- Be content with all my life choices